Skip to main content

...The People You Hang Out With...


“Stop talking about people and hanging out with them.”
 
A dear friend posted that quote on social media and it made me think. (Me + Thinking = Dangerous)
I remember a time when I was “friends” with people that didn’t necessarily like me or the lifestyle I lead. Their list of reasons was pretty extensive. (I  honestly don’t know if they liked anyone based on the way they talked about everyone.)
 Wait…How do friends not like each other? Why would people talk poorly about their “friends”?
 
 
I knew deep down the way they felt/talked. Other people showed me and/or let me hear the things that were said. But there we were – spending time together, taking cute pictures together, faking it day after day.
 
What was I thinking?  Maybe I thought that was the best I deserved. Maybe I settled for it because I didn’t fully love myself. (They had other motives that benefited them, but that’s a different blog post.)  Maybe when I was miserable I attracted miserable people. I definitely was not at peace with myself. (By the way… I never, EVER spell the word definitely right the first time. I’m going to write it 100 times after this!)
It took some crazy decision making, soul searching, and lots of ‘outgrowing” others to expose and remove myself from those connections.

It took a lot of heart to heart conversations to redefine “friend”. I had a lot to learn about being a friend and about what I deserved in a friend. I disconnected to reevaluate myself and those that I spent time with. As I found peace within myself, I realized that I had no energy for those that drained me. The more I loved me, the more I knew what I deserved.
My world is a better place now. I have more time and energy to spend on those that love me and my crazy ways. I love those weirdos dearly. Loving me is not always easy, but it is adventurous!


Here's my two cents..If you are hanging out with people who talk poorly of you – step away.  Those aren’t your people. Your people are out there waiting to love you and your past and your weirdness! Those people are using you or are just miserable and you deserve better. You deserve peace. If you talk poorly about the people you hang out with - step back. Reevaluate yourself and your "why". I hope you find peace.
…Breathe…
…Michelle Lynn…
 
Currently reading-
 
Currently listening to-
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...Losing Me...

As I have focused on becoming healthier- mind, body and soul - I've found myself engaged in some very therapeutic and soul searching conversations. While searching to reset myself (back to factory default settings) it was suggested that I take a walk in the past in search of significant places where I got lost. I had to dig through some scary, ugly, emotional shit, but there it was. I discovered two significant times that I had lost myself and I was there waiting for me to return and visit. The first time I was around the age of nine and life as I knew it changed all at once. A person that I was very close to left unexpectedly. What was left behind was chaos and darkness. A piece of me was gone. I was hurt and lonely. I tried to just fly under the radar and not do anything to add to the ever growing stress and conflict. I spent a lot of time by myself.  Everything became routine and depressing. My escape was my grandmother. I could be messy and weird and loud and free spirit

...Monogamous Thoughts...

 I never get into topic discussion without researching it first. I could waste space telling you about statistics and "facts", but you can google those yourself. Everything I write is based on how I feel and my personal experiences and opinions. This particular topic has been discussed repeatedly in my discussion groups and gatherings of friends. Our opinions are as diverse as our personalities and I will include some of their opinions in this post. Here are the topic questions and my answers: Do I believe monogamy is natural? No.      Why? It is not my natural human instinct. Do I believe monogamy is possible? Yes.      Why? I am monogamous in committed relationship.  I am defining monogamy as being in a committed sexual relationship with only one person. I am defining natural as happening our of own accord - not made or caused by people. I also do not want natural to be confused with normal. (I think normal is a bullshit word.) It is my opinion that for mono